Instagram is a fun way to connect with your audience through storytelling photos and exciting video clips. Although the app is only available for mobile platforms like iOS, Android, and Windows, they are constantly adapting to make it easier and more functional. Your creativity will be limitless with over 20 different filters to apply, advanced photo editing options, and new advertising options for businesses.
1. Engage with others through starting or joining a conversation. Start a conversation by asking questions and cross-promoting your clients or partners. Join a conversation by commenting on an interesting photo that is relevant to building your target audience. Interact with your audience!
2. Release your fear. Don’t be afraid to show raw stories or original ideas. You want to connect with your audience on a meaningful level, so empower them! Shake up your content with photos and videos. Share real stories and capture authentic content. Your audience is interested in what you have to show.
3. Avoid stagnant content by sharing relevant and high quality information. If you’re running an advertising campaign, make sure to showcase products and services in a way your audience can connect with. Think about the environment or lifestyle that your products and services fit into.
4. Show your personal side. Showcase your great employees, customer of the week or behind-the-scenes look of your business. Most audiences look for authentic businesses, which leads to building trust in your brand and services.
5. Cross platform market. Now that you have Instagram, balance your time across your other platforms. You still want traffic connecting to your website and other social media profiles to increase leads and revenue. Cross platform market in the bio section with a custom and trackable URL to direct your audience. Don’t forget to market your Instagram on your other platforms too!
6. #Hashtags are for Instagram too! Brand your business or event with custom #hashtags. Plus, find commonly used #hashtags to connect with industry leaders or perspective clients. By adding #hashtags to your caption, you increase your posts reach and visibility across the platform. However, with great power comes great responsibility. We wouldn’t recommend abusing trending #hashtags that are not relevant to your posts.
7. There are several opportunities to use a call to action campaign. You can do this by adding a custom or trackable link to your Instagram profile or individual post captions. Make sure to use a trackable link so you can gather analytics on your campaign later on. Remember, you’re allowed up to 2,200 characters in your caption, so there’s no excuse not to use the space.
8. Cross-promote via tagging and shares. This is a great way to network and build client relations. If you share a post that is involves your clients or partners, make sure to tag them in your post or mention their @handle to direct your audience their way. Sharing others content (with permission and credit) is another great way to cross-promote.
You can find success on Instagram. With frequent updates and increasing activity on the platform, it can be an important tool for businesses. Use these tactics inside and outside Instagram to increase your audience and website traffic.
Amber Winston &